To help researchers begin their computational studies, we have collected here links and notes to
useful atomic modeling software and databases. Check back as tutorials are posted for these different software suites.
The range of available software is vast! If you would like to see links here to
other software please post in the forum. If you have questions about one of available software
systems listed here, you can find a link to a dedicated forum thread in its listing.
Large-scale Atomic/Molecular Massively Parallel Simulator
LAMMPS is a classical molecular dynamics code with potentials for solid-state materials (metals, semiconductors)
and soft matter (biomolecules, polymers) and coarse-grained or mesoscopic systems.
It can be used to model atoms or, more generically, as a parallel particle simulator at the atomic, meso, or continuum scale.
Example output from LAMMPS
Details and specifications:
- Calculation: Classical Molecular Dynamics
- Processor type: Single or parallel.
- License: Open source (GPL)
- Authors: List of main authors
CAMS resources for using LAMMPS.
- Do you have questions about LAMMPS? Post your questions at the LAMMPS entry in the CAMS forum.
- Check back here for tutorials, notes, and sample output from using the LAMMPS software.
Return to the atomic modeling software index